Thank you to family psychotherapist and social worker Virginia Satir (1916 – 1988):
The Five Freedoms:
1) The freedom to see and hear what is here, instead of what “should” be, was, or will be.
2) The freedom to say what you feel and think, instead of what you “should” feel and think.
3) The freedom to feel what you feel, instead of what you “ought” to feel.
4) The freedom to ask for what you want, instead of always waiting for permission.
5) The freedom to take risks on you own behalf, instead of choosing to be only “secure”.