I was deeply struck by this episode of Ideas on CBC, particularly the last third of it, defining Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) and proposing they be included on medical intake forms and “Physical” examinations, based on considerable, conclusive research. The implications of this … imagine mental and physical health professionals working together with each other to provide integrated health care, acknowledging that mental, physical and spiritual well-being cannot exist or be treated in isolation of each other.
Listen to ‘All in the Family’ with Mary O’Connell and Dr. Vincent Felitti on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) Radio.
- Guest Consultant Donna Izor: Behavioral Health & Primary Care Integration: Make Your Practice a Leader (managemypractice.com)
- What Makes Patients Complex? Ask Their Primary Care Physicians (medicalnewstoday.com)
- How Cleveland Clinic provides highest-quality care at costs well below the US norm, according to its CEO, the heart surgeon, Delos Cosgrove ? (empreendersaude.com.br)
- The Healing Round Table (psychologytoday.com)
- Webctor.com – Medical Question & Answer Community, Provide Medical Info and Support to Patients (sociableblog.com)
- RWJF Guest Post: Interprofessional Collaborative Care Will Be Key to Meeting Tomorrow’s Health Care Needs (georgevanantwerp.com)