This afternoon, I was inspired by a brief interaction with someone from my past whom I have worked very hard to forgive. A few minutes after the interaction, I wrote this mini forgiveness manual for myself. I hope i remember to check back here the next time I need to forgive someone.
(HP = higher power in 12-step recovery language)
- I thank our HP’s for bringing us together to learn, and for all the good things about our experience together.
- I pray for the shortcomings of mine revealed in our relating to be removed by my HP.
- I pray for the need to continue re-enforcing my negative core beliefs to be removed by my HP.
- I forgive myself and I forgive you for the humanity we lived.
- I pray for your continued growth, happiness, health and well-being, like all human beings on this planet, especially those of us in recovery.
- Step 9 – Made Direct Amends (fouroclocksundayafternoon.wordpress.com)
- 10 Bible Verses About Forgiveness (thesalvationtimes.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness…Even Without An Apology? (heatherdawkins.com)
- Science & Spirituality: The Science of Forgiveness (mikefriesen05.wordpress.com)
- From Whom Shall I ask for Forgiveness? (cinhosa.wordpress.com)