This is a truly fantastic article and video. At 68, Marsha (the creator of Dialectical Behavior Therapy) shared her own personal story for the first time in public this past June 2011.
No one knows how many people with severe mental illness live what appear to be normal, successful lives, because such people are not in the habit of announcing themselves. They are too busy juggling responsibilities, paying the bills, studying, raising families — all while weathering gusts of dark emotions or delusions that would quickly overwhelm almost anyone else.
– Marsha Linehan
- New evidence for dialectical behavior therapy’s effectiveness (psychscoop.wordpress.com)
- Linehan, creator of Dialectical Behavior Therapy, reveals her own struggles. (traumatherapy.typepad.com)
- Petition to change the name and designation of BPD (heartjunky.wordpress.com)
- People Who Have Come Back from the Brink (ask.metafilter.com)
- Experiencing DBT: BPD therapy – Guest Post by Suzanne (showard76.wordpress.com)
- government-funded mental health care for BPD in bc, canada (heartjunky.wordpress.com)